VIN R7200 identifies the world’s most modified and performance enhanced, early production 8-cylinder street Morgan. Morgan Motors of New England, working closely with Gary Lumsden, were responsible for all modifications. The goal was to build a Morgan automobile that was easy to live with but nasty when pushed.
John Eales Developments of Leicestershire, England supplied the 3,991 cc aluminum alloy V8 producing peak torque of 273 ft lbs @ 5,058 RPM and 300 BHP @ 6,664. The engine has a bore of 94.5 mm, stroke of 71.12 mm and a 10.5:1 compression ratio.
- Four, 48 IDF double downdraft Weber carburetors supply fuel that is delivered through dual Facet electric fuel pumps and a stainless steel tank.
- Braided lines throughout.
- Dual stainless manifolds, ceramic coated inside and out, rear exit dual stainless steel exhausts.
- Engine number 3912035
The original Moss 4-speed featuring synchromesh in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears was rebuilt and retained. A roller bearing conversion for clutch release was installed.
All alloy, high capacity – 25% greater than stock – radiator with a heavy duty 14” electric cooling fan, alloy bulk head recovery tank with braided lines. Alloy Oil cooler and catch tank with braided lines.
Suspension & Steering:
- Rack & Pinion.
- Mulfab front mounted dual, uneven length wishbone conversion.
- AVO dampers – front & rear.
- Live rear axle with leaf suspension, anti-tramp bars and Panhard rod.
- Front – Mulfab vented discs with billet 4 calipers (homologated for Group 4 FIA use).
- Rear – Mulfab 10 ¾ discs.
- Aluminum brake lines.
Electronic ignition, NGK B7ECS spark plugs, bespoke wiring harness, LED tail, parking, back-up and turn signal lights, PL style Tribar halogen head lights, USB recharging port and 12V accessory outlet, ambient foot well lighting, 4-way flashers, original Lucas driving lamps.
First In-Service Date: October 30, 2016.
Paint: Supplied by PPG, Aston Martin “China Grey”
Leather: Supplied by The Morgan Motor Company, “Russian Blue”.
Carpet: Supplied by Wilton.
The Morgan Motor Company supplied new coach work (including doors), new Le mans racing seats, new stainless steel threshold plates/hinges as well as a new front bonnet hinge.
Other original equipment: engine, windscreen, top bows, roll bar, door hardware, side screens, heater, windscreen wipers, etc. survive. They are crated and available.
Parts Replacement and Technical Support:
www.mulfab.co.uk for brakes, cooling and suspension parts
www.johnealesroverv8.co.uk for engine and clutch parts
www.morganspares.com for all parts and technical support.